"Quotes"

• 20 replies
  • 113 subscribers

Is it me or have the latest updates removed "who quotes are from" ????

It's confusing when you look back at posts.  Is it "the fog" playing tricks with me?

• Is it me or have the latest updates removed "who quotes are from" ????

Just testing the quote feature. It looks ok to me when composing a message, at least.

How does it look to you now I've posted the reply, ?

EDIT: Well that answers that question - I can see your username when composing my message, but not after it has been posted. I'll escalate the issue to our developers for further investigation. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

All the best,
    Matthew
    Macmillan Online Community Team

• Thanks Matthew.  I didn't know if it was my eyes playing tricks with me.

Steve (SteveCam)

• Nothing wrong with your eyes Steve, it's a very good spot indeed. Thanks again for raising it! Relaxed

All the best,
    Matthew

• Hi Matthew can you please have a look at the community news feature, it's posts are a year old' thank you.

Eddie

• Hi Matthew can you please have a look at the community news feature, it's posts are a year old' thank you.

Hi , thanks for raising this. I'm pleased to say we spotted this too, and so it has already been flagged up with our development partners. If you spot anything else, feel free to drop us an email. :)

All the best,
    Matthew

• Flippin heck  and   I have a day off to fly out to Turkey and you two are doing my job for me - and long may it continue.

Arrived last night in a Thunderstorm so back to normal service on here now!!.

Catch you both later - Thanks Brian SunglassesThumbsupSunglasses

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• I have a day off to fly out to Turkey

Enjoy Turkey,

All the best,
    Matthew

• Hi Brian, hope you have a wonderful, well earned break. I know what a community champion is, but what is a Macmillan volunteer and Macmillan staff?, happy holiday.

Eddie

• Hello  As you may well know we have a villa out here so we tend to spend blocks of 3 weeks at a time just unwinding and relaxing. There's loads of history here and it's warm, Mrs Millibob is retired and I have trusted staff to run my practice whilst I am away.

It's a bolthole really - we would never live here as we have 4 adult children - 2 grandchildren and 2 more "in production" and we are both feeling really good after both having life threatening issues. We have both worked hard, full time, me as an accountant and Mrs M as a NHS nurse and after what has happened health wise - we both realised it's time to have "our time" if you know what I mean!!

As a "Community Champion" I have undertaken the volunteer course prior accepting the position of Community Champion and there is ongoing training as time goes on. I have added the "I am a Macmillan volunteer" to my strapline as sometimes new members of the Community don't understand the term Community Champion.

The entire "online community" is looked after by the full time staff (Macmillan Paid staff) such as Matthew - they look after the site, check we all follow the "Community Guidelines" and ensure there are no ongoing issues.

I hope that's a good enough explanation.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Brian, hope you both have a lovely holiday. Hope the weather is better than in Lanzarote!  David