Urethral Clips

• 4 replies
  • 109 subscribers

I wondered if anyone has had a similar experience.
My prostatectomy, by da Vinci, was in 2014. About four years ago I had what was thought to be a urethral stricture but it turned out to be a clip that had migrated and was inhibiting the flow, as it were. I needed an operation to remove it but a real stricture followed and another operation to dilate the urethra was needed.
A week ago I thought that another stricture had started and then two days later I passed a tiny clip! All is well again.
So, I'm now wondering whether to expect any more clips.
Anyone else have this issue?
Asa

• Hi . I just dropped by and noticed you've not had a reply to your post as yet. By my answering it will "bump" your post back up to the top so hopefully someone on this forum will have an answer for you. (I have a different cancer so can't offer any advice I'm sorry to say)

It might be an idea to have a word with your CNS. You could also consider Ask a Nurse (Just click on the link I've created) but you may need to wait a day or two for a reply.

Sending you all the best, Bx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• I had Hormone therapy and Radiotherapy for my PCa discovered in 2016 so can't answer your query.  In that time I have not heard of anything like your experience so can't comment - I am sure you are not the only person to have suffered this so there may well be someone else on the forum who has experienced this and I hope they come along soon to give you the support you need.

• Hi Asa, I had prostatectomy in 2015, no issues with clips although I have heard of them being left behind after surgery. Sorry you’re having to deal with this.

Ido4

• Thank you all.
    It would seem that a migrating clip is so rare that I really don't need to worry about future issues.
    MrsBJH - thank you for the 'bump' and I'll look at the link.