Confused

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 23 subscribers

My wife was admitted to hospital for a stent to be fitted, her complexion is very yellow and she has a tumour in her pancreas. There was a delay because something was not right with her blood. Eventually the procedure was carried out but she remains in hospital until the yellow starts to fade. Yesterday it was found that her potassium level was low and now she is on an intravenous drip. She has been in hospital since last Thursday and we were hoping that she might come home today but this now seems doubtful. Can anyone explain.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Grouncrew, sorry to hear about your wife, I also have pancreatic cancer, when I was in hospital my potassium levels we're low I was advised to eat a banana daily, as for the yellow, it's jaundice which may be caused by  her pancreas? Could be her liver?  sorry I'm not medically trained so I'm only going by my experience. The hospital wouldn't send me home untill I was stable which took 4 days, just wanted to reply to you so you don't feel unheard, my best advice is speak to the doctors, good luck and fingers crossed for your wife

Sending positive vibes

Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Oh thank you what you have described is what my wife is experiencing somehow I feel better. Now awaiting result of blood test if that is O.K. she will be home. Thank you