a fond farewell

• 3 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hello Everyone

Incredibly it is fast approaching 1 year since I finished chemo. The outcomes have been far better than I could have ever hoped thanks in no small part to the help support and advice received on this forum.

I have made regular contributions which I trust have helped some people through difficult times. However I do feel that I have nothing new to say and I think the time is right to say farewell to you all. It has been a real privilege to share what at times must have been very painful and deeply personal experiences.

Best wishes 

Kevin

• Hi 

I'm not a member of this group but I spotted your farewell post and just wanted to wish you well and thank you for all the contributions you've made over the years that you've been a member of the Community.

I can understand that you might feel that you don't have anything new to say but wondered if you'd thought about the possibility of becoming a Community Champion for the pancreatic group? If this is something that you think you might like to get involved with just let me know and I'll put your name forward, if not I totally understand.

Wishing you all the best

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Latchbrook

Thanks for your reply. I wasn't aware there were  Champions but I am quite prepared ti receive further information. 

Kevin

• Hi Kevin

Here's a link to a bit about the role of a Community Champion (link). Basically we use our own personal experiences with cancer to help others so, for example, I'm the Community Champion for the melanoma and skin cancer groups as well as the travel insurance group. As such I keep an eye on those groups and help with answering questions or pointing people to previous posts which might have the information they need if I don't have the personal experience.

Our role also involves welcoming people to the Community in the New to the Community group and pointing them towards an appropriate group that can help them further as well as keeping an eye on posts without replies.

There's no set amount of time you need to spend doing this, some days I might not be online at all and other days the online community will be running in the background all day while I'm doing something else on my laptop and I pop on every so often to see if anyone needs any help.

If this is something you think might interest you then I'll forward your name to admin who'll then contact you with more information. 

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"