Cannabis oil

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Has anyone heard of using cannabis oil. Not sure if this topic is too cotroversial for this forum but just wanted some advice. Some friends have told us about this oil and it's benefits.  My husband is due to start chemotherapy in a few weeks and wanted to make sure he explored other options.  He currently has stage 3 PC and is due to have Folfirinox chemo and he has heard that it is very intense.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

There is a group who might be able to help....if you put Cannabis Oil in the search bar, in the Green Bar at the top of the page...a few come up

Good luck x

• Hi Carli04. Macmillan has produced some information on this subject which you can read by clicking HERE . Beware of taking it with chemotherapy as it can in some cases reduce the effectiveness of the chemo. Make sure the nurses know of any supplements being taken. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Vernon43

I do not know about cannabis oil, but i am on Folfirinox chemo and just had my ninth session. I am stage four and go every two weeks with little or no side effects. My first chemo was too intense and modified, since then I have a very normal life, very tired but force my self to walk every day....and it helps! My experiences are very positive and I have recently started to put on weight after losing for the first five chemos. I do believe that the most important thing is a positive outlook, don’t let it get you down and dont listen to negative news!

i wish you the best luck, every day is a blessing, don’t waste it by getting depressed!

Happy and Healthy New Year.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Vernon, thank you for your encouraging words. We haven't had much luck in researching the cannabis oil route.  My husband is due to start Folfirinox chemo on 28th January. It was postponed due to him still being jaundice. It's so difficult to keep his spirits up but I'm trying.  I've been reading lots of positive stories of people who had stage 3 and 4 pancreatic cancer. I wish you all the best in your journey. Most definitely a positive mindset is key and can lead to such positive outcomes .