Pancreatic tail cancer spread to liver via blood vessels

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 23 subscribers

Hello. My DB as resently been diagnosed & unfortunately he's been told he only has a few months. He's in his 50's & the entire family are beside themselfs. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

We don't understand why the consultant would tell him its bleak & give him just a few months when they are waiting on results from a biopsy from his liver. He has not been offered any kind of treatment other than enzyme tablets to help him absorb his food. The med team are meeting soon to discuss his case & we're all hoping they then offer him some treatment to help prolong the few months they say he as. Health wise, he has lost weight, he has pain in stomach that radiates into his back, he is eating but can't manage too much as it causes him more pain & makes him sick although he's not always sick. He was told a few back before cancer was diagnosed that his bloods showed border line diabetes but doc said that was nothing to worry about. He's generally in good health other than all of this. They did tell him that it's rare in tail end but we can't seem to find anything that gives advice on  similar PC to him. This morning he has seen GP who has given him a low dose liquid morphine to help with pain which my DB says he can cope with during day it's the night which is worse because the pain worsens when lying down. So I think for now he's planning on tsking it just on a night time & when/if he wakes up during night.