Sister

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hi

My sister was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer at the beginning of October.  She was given 12 months with palliative chemo and 3 months with.  She is scheduled to start her chemo on14 Dec if she is strong enough. 

She seemed very well today when I saw her but is not really eating much so us very so is very thin and frail.

Fingers crossed all will be OK!!!  I am very worried and not sure how to deal with everything.  

Coral xxx

• Hi Coral

I am sorry to hear of your sister’s diagnosis.

One of the problems with pancreatic cancer is that the person often doesn’t want to eat and if they do eat then they don’t get enough nutrition. Is your sister taking Creon with meals. It might help if she eats small meals often. Have a look at the Pancreatic Cancer UK Website as there is good advice there.

As to how to deal with it, we are all different. However, my experience was that the patient is the key person and they must make the decisions they want to make. Take each day at a time and try to enjoy what you can. It’s amazing the strength we have.

Squeaky

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Squeaky

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Yes she does take Creon before she eats anything which isn’t very much at all. 
    I do try and take a day at a time which is very hard to do as I look at her when she’s having a good day and think I still can’t believe this is happening,

I do try and spend as much time as I can with her. I breaks my heart when she looks at me with tears in her eyes and says can you please just take it away!!! 

• Hi Coral

It is so difficult, I know. But just supporting your sister through this will help her.

Squeaky