Pancreatic cancer mum had her last chemo Wednesday.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 13 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hello all.. just posting really as I’m sure there are a lot of people who are just starting and going through what I’ve been through the last 9 months with my mum. She’s finished her last chemo Wednesday thank god and is due a scan in a months time and will get her results two weeks later. If anyone wants any of my personal experiences or just chat about it I’m here to lend how I’ve found it and any info I can give on it I will. We’ve experienced every side effect and every problem through this chemo I’m sure so I’m good to pass on or ease anyone’s worries! Would also be great to chat to anyone who’s actually had a whipples and completed they’re chemo! Have a great day all 

• Hi Jackfrost

Good to hear from you again. I’m pleased your mother has got through the chemo. It’s all sounding good.

Squeaky

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Squeaky

Hello. Thank you, she’s struggled with her chemo she’s still really unwell from the side effects today a week later but that’s expected. We’ve got a scan in a months time to see what’s going on. I’m not sure what to expect. But fingers crossed 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember
    • Hi Jackfrost hope your mums scans went ok my mum just finished her second cycle of the furry fox they attempted to do the whipple in August but the tumour was wrapped her portal vein so they want to try and shrink the tumour then re attempt fingers cross it works Fingers crossedthey done the first ct base scan which we got the results for this week they found a spot on mums liver which they want to do more scans it’s like a rollercoaster we on xxx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hey. Hopefully it’s good news. My mum done the 12 rounds had her final scan two weeks ago and were off to find out the results Thursday! So fingers crossed, If you ever wanna chat or have some questions we’ve been through it all so I’m always here to help it puts your mind at rest a lot. Especially with chemo! X 

• FormerMember

Fingers cross for Thursday hope it goes well for you all thank you so much any questions will give you a message xxx

• FormerMember

Thank you! Yeah sure I know it can be really hard mentally and sometimes literally all you need is a chat with someone who’s been through it and it can completely ease your mind. And it does mean a lot. And you do need to do it. Weather it’s Facebook or here if you need a chat or have questions I’m here for a chat! 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Squeaky

Thanks squeaky! Yeah so her results from her scan is tomorrow! So don’t know what to expect but fingers crossed 

• FormerMember

Scan was all clear! Back in 3 months for bloods to check again. Have a good weekend all 

• FormerMember

Brilliant news so happy for you all have a great weekend xxx

• Hi Jackfrost

Good news!

Squeaky