Not again!

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hello All,

I've been on again for a week or so quietly getting my head wrapped around the news that now my mother has been diagnosed with PC. Almost exactly 2 years from the date my MIL was diagnosed. We are in complete shock. Doesn't seem possible, yet I know we are not alone. This dreadful cruel disease is becoming more common each day. 

It's heartbreaking that my mom was right here watching the suffering of my MIL and that just makes her even more terrified. This time will be different for me of course but also because my mom is alone and has always been barely making it financially. We still have a lot of details to be answered but then as you all know, you get an answer and it can quickly change. Even in this short time it has been a roller coaster. My mom presented with constipation and no BM for 7 days and a distended belly that made her look 8 months pregnant. I was sure that was ascites and an obstructed bowel, just terrifying. However after an X-Ray, 2 CT's, lots of blood labs the Gastro assures us that it is just constipation and now mom is having BM's. Just goes to show that what sometimes seems so obvious is often not. Made me think how people can be so critical of Dr.'s at times which is mostly unfair. 

I've keep questioning how I am going to handle this and then I remember that all you can do is take one step at a time and somehow you find the strength. 

It's incredible to see some of you warriors still here helping others, bless you <3. Sending love to all. xoxo

• Hi Ohanomom

I am so sorry to see you back. Such shocking news. PC does seem to be on the increase. 

Please keep in touch. The folks on here just now are so supportive.

Squeaky

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi ohanamom

like squeaky I’m sorry to see you back. This disease is so common yet doesn’t get the recognition or funding. 

You’ve answered your own question on how you’ll get through “one day at a time “. 

Much love to you and your mum x