My amazing Grandma is losing her fight,

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 25 subscribers

So my amazing and caring Grandma is losing her battle, she has days left now, and she just looks a shell of her former self, is it selfish to want her to pass quickly, so that she isn't in any pain anymore, she looks so peaceful when she's sleeping. I held her hand for about an hour, and I will forever be grateful for that quality time I got to spend with her.

I feel so sorry for my dad now, he's lost both his parents, and I'm doing all I can to be there for him too, it's just horrible.

I think she maybe going into the hospice today, and I feel that she maybe sleeping most of the time, now.

I feel blessed that I have had her in my life for 31 years.

Hope x

• Dear Hope

Please don’t think of it as a battle lost. Think of your Grandma’s life as one well lived and as you say feel blessed that you had her in your life for 31 years.

You are w great support to your Dad and he will be grateful for this.

Yes, I think you will find that your Grandma sleeps now and she will be very comfortable in the hospice.

Squeaky

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Squeaky

Dear Squeaky

Thank you for your reply, it's like we have been waiting for this, but now its happened its still such a shock, I keep listening to Supermarket Flowers and getting comfort from it, especially, when he says how "You got to see the person I have become, Spread your wings as you go, and when God took you back he said Haieleujeuh your home"

She has seen me grow up, and celebrate some special milestones in my life, and I'm glad, and she will now be back reunited with my Grandad,

Hope x

• Hi Hope. 

I think I'm on the right track when I can say I empathise with your feelings.  I suppose we all have to leave our Earth Walk sooner or later. Nothing and no one can continue for ever even if we chose to. LIFE IS  HARD,. Very soon I will lose my Anne. We grieve together sweet heart. X

Bless. Geoff 

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.