Pppd surgery confusion?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 23 subscribers

hi 

my recently diagnosed husband was told he would be considered for pppd surgery. We have been devastated to learn of this diagnosis so. We are still trying to come to terms with some of it . Apparently the tumor is at some type of junction ? ? 

However yesterday we received a call from the team to say they are now more of a mind that this is a colon cancer ?

does anyone know what this means? I didn t ask as I was just confused. The team said an operation will still go ahead ?

would this be the same operation? 

• Hi mygirl., goodness let's hope you get some answers soon. I assume the tumour must look now as if it in part of the bowel and not the pancreas, but you will need to find out. Hopefully the operation will go ahead and wherever the cancer is they can remove it. Would colon cancer be a bett diagnosis?. Thinking of you x

Love is eternal
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Needing friends

Hi needing friends

i am not sure we are so shellshocked by it all as my hubby has lost a lot of weight and now he has a line in for feeding ready for the op

tue operation is going to take place at another hospital so as yet we haven t had the opportunity to speak to the consultant.

i just wondered if anyone had been in this situation?