Needing answers

• 11 replies
  • 27 subscribers

26 days and 3 phone calls before an urgent scan now booked for 11th. Meanwhile the backache and abdominal pain continues. Gp prescribed oral nystatin and ibuprofen gel. Weight is falling off him. It's hard to stay positive, we need answers

• Phone call today saying a mole he had removed a few weeks ago is melanoma, they want to remove more skin from the area on his back and also under arm to ckeck for spread 

Love is eternal
  • Hi Needing Friends. 

Life sure has a way of kicking us all when we are down. I'm sorry for you and your partners bad news. I really am. I rarely reply to posts because I know that nothing I can say will ever truly help although we know there are those who have a great gift of writing and  releasing at least some of the distress of others. As with my wife Anne and myself this does appear to be a time of deep thought about where to go next and Im sure you and your partner will reach the right decision for both of you.

Bless. Geoff999

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• Oh Needing Friends

I'm with you too. Such a kick in the teeth we get. Hope it's not too deep and it has been caught early.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi 

I'm sorry to hear that your partner has been diagnosed with melanoma. This must be very hard for you both to deal with on top of his pancreatic cancer.

I had the operations you're referring to when I was diagnosed with melanoma a couple of years ago and I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about this treatment. The operation to remove more skin is called a wide local excision (WLE) and the one to check for spread is a sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB).

You might also like to join us in the melanoma group where you'll get plenty of support from others who have been through this. Clicking on the link I've created will take you to the group if you do decide to join us.

Sending a supportive ((hug))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Hi needing friends 

I just thought I’d have a quick check in and then read your post. I’m so sorry. Life really can be a cruel b#*^€<}d sometimes. I think you should follow latchbrooks advice and head to the melanoma group I’m sure you can get good advice there but please keep posting here as your friends we want to keep supporting you. Just remember even when you’re in the toughest place there is joy to be had. Stay strong my lovely, xx

• Hi Needing friends

You have had wise advice already from other friends here. I’m sorry your partner now faces this. I hope the scan shows up what’s happening in the pancreas. Please keep posting here as well as joining the other group.

Squeaky

• Thank you TV man, its awful just watching him deteriorate. Have spoken to Mcmillan nurses this morning, they recommend a review. He is so strong willed it's going to be tough, he doesn't want to be this person. I can so understand that.. What to do? 

Love is eternal
  • Thank you Squeaky, apparently even after the scan it may take 3 weeks to get a review of scan results and treatment x

Love is eternal
  • Thank you for your support I will join the melanoma group. You are all so kind xx

Love is eternal
  • Hi Needing friends

I would gently push your partner’s oncologist for an earlier review once he has had the scan. I know he doesn’t want chemo but that might relieve the pain. Well done for all the support you give. It’s blxxdy hard. I know! 

Squeaky