Steroids

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 8 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hi

my husband started on Dexaethasone steroids in the last couple of weeks. They have given him lots more energy but have affected his tastebuds so eating has been a bit difficult. After finishing chemotherapy his appetite had come back so it’s a bit concerning he is not eating as well. The GP and hospice are going to review him in a few weeks but I wondered if anyone else had this side effect on them and any  info would be great. I’m hoping they can prescribe a different sort but would welcome any comments. Thank you Tedders 

• Hi Tedders

My husband was only on steroids for a few days at a time so I can't really help. Just wanted to say hello.

Squeaky

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Squeaky

Hi Squeaky

thanks for replying and saying hi. We are seeing GP and hospice soon so I’m hoping they may be able to prescribe another kind. They have made a huge difference to energy levels which is great. Thanks 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Tedders

my mum was on steroids for a month or so and improved dramatically so much so that her oncologist reduced the dosage as she was trying to do too much. She called them her happy pills. They didn’t seem to effect her taste buds though.  Hope the hospice can help x

• FormerMember

Hi Kate

Thanks for replying. Yes it’s amazing how much more energy they have given, such a difference. 

• FormerMember

Hi 

I've just noticed my husband's hands have suddenly become really red and very sore tonight.  His skin has become very dry,  I can only relate this to the change in his steroids. Obviously we can us some moisturising cream but has anyone else had this side effect? 

• Hi Tedders

Just trying to think back on this one but I don’t recall this happening. I’d say it’s worth following up with the medics.

Squeaky

• My partners hands are almost always cold. Apart from his operation he is not taking any medication other than creon. Very strange, will ask him to mention it to the oncologist next month, don't know if he will 

Love is eternal
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Squeaky

Thanks Squeaky I will follow up