CBD oil

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 11 replies
  • 25 subscribers

ok has any used cbd oil. I have been told lots about this oil and have been and bought some today. I was just wondering if anyone had used it and how they were finding it?  I’ve been looking at YouTube and google but there are so many. Any advice/information would be great x

• Hello . Never tried it, but know there is a lot of conflicting and sometimes misleading information out there. Macmillan have produced some information on the subject if you click HERE . Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi weeks 

I’m surprised to see your post as whenever we’ve had similar discussions in the past the administrators have removed the posts even though cbd oil is completely legal. 

My mum took cbd oil right through and found it helped her pain and general well being. The only problem with buying on the high street is it’s usually only 2%. If you buy it from Holland & Barrett online you can get 5% which is obviously better. I used to get a 10% dose from a friend but would sometimes have to get the 5% in between. My mum always noticed the difference and would up the dose but not get the same effect. I didn’t find any 10% over here but it was about 2 years ago and may have changed now. 

It did help my mum,some may say placebo effect but that wasn’t our experience.  Her oncologist was totally happy with her taking it and said there was no conflict with any of her medications but maybe best to check. Best of luck to you xx

• Hi . Just for info. Mac have recently updated the Guidelines on discussing this subject. I believe it's ok to discuss the legal stuff and talk about personal experiences without actually promoting it as an alternative treatment . I hope this helps. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Hi, the full plant oil was available on prescription in the uk until 1968. I don't know what the reason for it's withdrawal was. Some people say it was because it was too effective in treating many ailments and because it was a natural plant oil it could not be patent protected. I  seem to recall reading that the UK is the largest exporter of medical cannabis in the world. British sugar has a very large cannabis farm, and GW pharmaceutical are heavily involved in trying to produce synthetic versions which can be patent protected. I am sure if the NHS wanted volunteer cancer patients to try real cannabis oil on there would be plenty of patients willing. Good luck and kind regards Frank.

• Hi Riley,I seem to recall reading that the 1939 cancer act limits what treatment can be given and no one can claim cures. So for legal reasons people have to be careful what is said. Kind regards Frank.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to rily

Hi rily

thanks for that and it’s good to hear I used to find it so frustrating. I hate any type of censorship, no matter what our views we should always have debate. Especially when we are all on the same side. Thanks again for the info 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hello

I was popping in too to say that the guidelines had been amended on discussions re CBD oil but Rily has already said.

But I will put the amendment announcement link here anyway Slight smile

• FormerMember

Thanks everyone Kissing heart I’m thinking if it helps with just the pain relief that would be great. I am a little apprehensive about taking it but will tell my medical team as I don’t want it affect any other meds they give me

• FormerMember

Hi there,

I cared for my dad who had pancreatic cancer with CBD oil along the side. If you have any questions feel free to email me xx 

• FormerMember

Hello Tinkerbell163. Can you recommend me a high-quality CBD oil?