Waiting on diagnosis

• 22 replies
  • 52 subscribers

I have been diagnosed with a large complex ovarian cyst which may be cancerous due to the solid mass identified on ultrasound and CT scan. I am on a two week wait referral for surgery to remove it.  Then it will be biopsied.  I have no concerning blood test results and CT scan has confirmed no other signs potential cancer has spread.  Wondered if anyone else has been in similar situation 

• Hi Debbie

I have exactly the same symptoms I had blood tests after visiting GP do the first time with lump and bloating then fast tracked for ultrasound which only showed a shadow then gynae for examination and smear which was long overdue then fast tracked for CT scan on the 20 th June and I ve heard nothing since, have a tumour on right ovary and a vascular mass , gynae hinted of the possibility of cancer and they were having a MDT meeting to discuss next steps, My CA125 reading is 239 and normal range is around 35 so I’m thinking it is cancer but wish they d hurry up and have me back in to chat with ONC, waiting is awful..

Was your hysterectomy for other reasons?

Telstar x

• Hi Debbie

Just thought another symptom is breathlessness which I put down to after effect of having had Covid previously but could be swelling due to fluid, I look 7 moths pregnant which is hardly likely as I’m 65 and no other half on the scene lol!

Used to walk to work 30 mins but have to stop halfway now so usually get the bus. 

I realise I will have to have surgery (cancer or not) I only been in my new job for 2 weeks and not sure when to tell them that I will need time off for appointments surgery etc,

Would you tell them now or wait for surgery date? , I feel they should know as soon as possible,worry that they may get rid of me so they can start looking for a replacement. What would you do? Has any other ladies got any thoughts on this dilemma?

Sorry to ramble on xx

Telstar

• I had my Hysterectomy 10 years ago for Endometriosis. I am awaiting surgery date but still don’t know if Cancer but they think it is or what type but they are saying Ovarian. I’m scared to death if I’m honest but what can we do? My CA125 was 35 but amRI and CT both show the concerns. The waiting is the worst. I’ve almost had panic attacks. I manage a nursing home and that’s stressful but this has took me over the edge. I will try to add you as a friend and we can journey together 

• Hi Debbie

Yes I get it we’re all scared , think I accepted you as friend ha ha I’m not that great with what I call techStuck out tongueJust managing to navigate this site.lol!

I admire youngsters they pick it up so quick

I work in care myself although I don’t have the responsibility you have not easy when you have personal stuff going on as well, I think I ll feel better once I speak to ONC and there’s a plan of action I m a bit in limbo at the 

moment.

So as a managerStuck out tongue winking eye would you want to know my situation as soon as?

Chrissy

• I would want to know so that I could support you but not all managers are the same. As you have not been there long check out what you are entitled to first. If you worked previously you should be ok re sick pay but I have never come across a situation where a staff member had only just started. 

• Hi Debbie

I think it will only be statutory sick pay as it is in my second job and I ve been there 4 years think I will just tell her she will have to contact HR anyway so it will be company decision.

Thanks x

• Hi Chezza

How are you doing ? Have you had MDT meeting yet? I’m still playing the waiting game. I ve told my manager at one job and she has said to take any time off that I need for appointments surgery etc. Good as I ve only been there 3 weeks. 

• Hi there,

Yes MDT meeting has been done but I am none the wiser on the outcome as yet. I have a consultant appointment on 9th July so another week and a half to wait.  This will be over three weeks since I was referred. 

Glad you have had reassurance about your time off.  

Xx

• That’s good. It’s nice that they are being supportive. It helps. Hope your ok. 

• Thanks both x 

Debbie have you heard anything yet ?