Waiting on diagnosis

• 22 replies
  • 52 subscribers

I have been diagnosed with a large complex ovarian cyst which may be cancerous due to the solid mass identified on ultrasound and CT scan. I am on a two week wait referral for surgery to remove it.  Then it will be biopsied.  I have no concerning blood test results and CT scan has confirmed no other signs potential cancer has spread.  Wondered if anyone else has been in similar situation 

• Hi Cher2305

1. Im in a similar situation 2 simple cysts not sure if cancer yet but CA125 blood test was really high(200) . The waiting is the worst thing , I had CT scan 10 days ago so desperate to know the result it’s good that you have no spread and blood tests seem good too
    2. Good luck
  • Thanks for you for your message.  If you have simple cysts I don't think you have much to worry about.

Good luck 

• Hi Chezza69

Thanks for reply sounds encouraging, I have a vascular mass in the uterus measuring 13 x 10cm and 2 simple adnexal cysts 2.7cm and 3.7cm.Just waiting for them to have MDT meeting before finding out what their plan is, all they said in letter is that it’s possibly malignantt(possibly because of high CA125 but have to wait and see, fingers and everything else crossed that’s it’s benign.

Take care

• Hi Telstar

Thank you for your message.  Sounds like our cysts are a solar size.  I too have been told conflicting information that there is a possibility of cancer but the last consultant I saw told me she thought it was probably benign.  My ca125 level is normal but I am not sure how much is relief on this. I also have an MDT meeting about my case on Tuesday and then surgery in a few weeks, I have been told. 

I keep everything crossed for us both that the outcome is the best one.

Take care

• Hi Chezza

I try to stay positive it does help to come on here& read and chat to others, I  haven’t told anyone yet, I have no family and my best friend lost her sister recently(breast cancer ) and she has othThumbsup stuff going on so don’t want to burden her, espescially as I don’t know for sure yet. I worry about work also I started a new job only a week ago and may have to take time off already so I don’t knThumbsup how I ll manage, lots to think and worry about , I also keep fingers crossed for usThumbsup

• Please feel you can message me whenever you need to chat.  I have exactly the same worries as you xx

• Hi Cher2305 and everyone,

I am in a very similar situation. A small cyst was found on my left ovary (in a routine scan, I have Lynch syndrome so have been having regular screening) at the end of April. Then got referred for a MRI and CT scan, which show no signs of spread, and my CA125 in February was normal. I’ve been told the cyst looks ‘vascular’ and may or may not be malignant. On waiting list for laparotomy to have ovaries removed (which I was going to do anyway). Biopsy will be done during the surgery and if found to be cancer they’ll take other samples to check for spread at the same time (lymph nodes, abdominal wall). The waiting and not knowing is the worst. 

• Hi

Thank you for your message.  I have two solid masses in my large ovarian cyst which I have been told conflicting things. There is a possibility of cancer but also told by a previous consultant that it is probably looking benign and she thinks it probably isn't cancer so my head is scrambled.

I know exactly what you mean, the waiting is the worst part xx

• Hi I am in a similar position. Been back and two to gynaecologist since September. Then they decided to do an MRI in May. They have since said I have 2 masses. One possibility ovarian as near where my ovaries once were and one in my vaginal flap. I had a previous hysterectomy 10 years ago. I’m 53. One is 2 cm but the one near the overy is 5cm. They have said I need urgent surgery and will be complex. Likly cancer but can’t be 100%. What are your symptoms? Mine are bloating feeling full all the time and mild stomach ache. I’m hoping my surgery is within two weeks but no date.