Waiting on diagnosis

• 22 replies
  • 53 subscribers

I have been diagnosed with a large complex ovarian cyst which may be cancerous due to the solid mass identified on ultrasound and CT scan. I am on a two week wait referral for surgery to remove it.  Then it will be biopsied.  I have no concerning blood test results and CT scan has confirmed no other signs potential cancer has spread.  Wondered if anyone else has been in similar situation 

• Hi Debbie w

How are you doing? Have you had surgery yet? I had a meeting with ONC today they are suspicious that the mass is cancer and it looks like a hysterectomy in a few weeks, I’m meeting surgeon from another hospital on the 28 th July so probably surgery a couple of weeks after that. HEY HO X Hope you re doing ok

• Hi Debbie

How are you doing?

I am recovering from TAH And BSO, had op on 20th August, had phone call from cancer nurse to say my tumour is benign, I’m so relieved but shocked I expected it to be cancerous espescially as CA 125 was high at 239, hope this gives others hope and maybe CA125 is not that important and doesn’t necessarily mean cancer. 
    I hope you re ok Debbie, all the best to everyone on here, my thoughts are with you.

Take care x

Telstarr