Ovarian Cancer Low Grade

• 4 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Hi I Was diagnosed over two years ago and initially had an operation to remove my womb and ovaries but once they opened me up it was apparent that my cancer was quite widespread so it was an open and close operation and was very upsetting at the time.The follow up was chemo which was for me horendous as I was so sick each cycle and decided to stop after 4 cycles so that I could enjoy life while I was well enough.The type of cancer I have does not respond well to chemo so it was never going to be a cure.Initially I though I would not be around for long and wanted to make Christmas which I did and two more since so I feel blessed that I am still alive and kicking,well not kicking but still plodding alarms.I am Living with cancer is what I say.Gradually I am getting weaker especially with mobility and tiredness but I push myself to go out as much as I can.I am fortunate to have a wonderful husband so he looks after me and does so much about the house I do miss being able to do chores etc especially my garden but I try.How is it for others with this cancer do you have bladder problems and weekness in your legs?my cancer mass is very large now almost the size of a very small melon so I guess it is pushing other organs .How do others taking Letrozole find this drug?I have been taking it just over two years I have gained weight and my hair is not so thick and does not grow on some parts of my body which I guess is the lack of Oestrogen.
It would be so good to have other peoples experience and any advice you can give to make life better.Thank you.Fran

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm not a member of this forum, so can't help with any personal experiences, but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

I've done a search in the forum to look for previous posts which mention letrozole and found these for you to have a read through. You could reply to any of the threads if you felt the posters could help you further.

As you know, the online community is divided into different support forums so I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you might like to join the living with incurable cancer forum which is specifically for people with an incurable or terminal diagnosis. You can discuss your feelings openly there including about making the most of your life.

To join, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Thanks for the reply and info I have joined the group you mentioned and look forward to chatting to like minded people.It would be great to meet people and chat in a group like a Coffe morning but I can not find such a group in my area.You have been very helpful.Thanks Chimpy

• You're more than welcome Slight smile

Have you tried putting your postcode or town into Macmillan's In Your Area search facility to see if there are any groups local to you?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Good idea I will give that a go Thanks