Throat cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 14 replies
  • 7 subscribers
Hi,
I have recently been diagnosed with cancer at the base of my tongue.
And i start Radio/chemo on 13th of this month.
I am hoping to hear from people who have gone through treatment for this kind of cancer.

Peace & Love to you all x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I haven't had the same cancer, but I just wanted to wish you all the very best for your treatment. Hope this site provides you with some answers, some emotional support and some new friends. xxxx Penny
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    My husband has just finished Radiotherapy for cancer of larynx. Not quite the same as you, I know, but if I can be of any help do get in touch. Incidentally he didn't find the side effects nearly as bad as he'd expected.
    Hope all goes well.
    Caz xx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi Stedy - it's true isn't it? I mean about life being very cruel at times. I don't have the same cancer as you, so I can't offer you any advice about treatments etc, but I wanted to write and say "you're not alone", we're all here for one another, regardless of whether we have the same type of cancer or not. I hope your treatment goes well, and that you make a speedy and full recovery. Keep us posted on how you do, ok? with love from kate xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    My wife Heather had cancer in her tongue in 1992. She had major surgery. You can click on my or her profile for further information.

Prayers and best wishes for your treatment and recovery.

John
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi Stedy,
    I was diagnosed with the same sort of cancer as you discribe,I also had radiotherapy as well as chemo.That was a year ago.So if I can be any help to you or answer any questions,then feel free to ask away.If you read my biograthy it will tell you all about me.If you want to make me a buddy then that is ok with me.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    To,
    Penny,

Caz ,

Kate,

John,

Jonnie 5,

Thank you all for your replies,I don't feel so alone now.
    Got hospital today i am having my peg fitted.
    will be in touch as soon as i am able.

Peace & love

Paul
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Thanks mate i will be in touch with you soon
    Have made you a buddy.
    Do likewise if you want to

All the best

Paul
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi Paul
    I hope the peg fitting went alright.I have been trying to make you a buddy but to no avail.How do you do it?
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi I am new to the site, My husband has just finished treat for nasopharyngeal cancer and we are struggling with him trying to get back to eating any hints. Tummy pegs are not nice things, I know they are put in for a reason.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi Daphnie.
    So sorry to hear about your husband, Unfortunately i cant pass on any tips
    because i am only into the third week of my treatment.
    And i have only used my peg twice as i am still able to swallow.
    But cant taste anything

I know that it is gonna get rough for me over the next couple of weeks.
    Can i suggest that you ask on the forum because i have spoken to people on here who have gone through this.

Sorry i cant be of more help

Feel free to MSG me anytime

Peace & Love to you both

Stedy