Appendectomy looking for advice

• 6 replies
  • 9 subscribers

Recent appendectomy revealed LAMN, (low grade appendiceal mucinous neoplasm)

Looking for advice

• Hi  , if you put LAMN into the search tool Mag near the top of the site and select ‘Anywhere’ this will bring up all the older posts, you can then hit reply and see if the members are still using the site.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi  

just wondered how you were doing? I was diagnosed with LAMN in May. I’ve had a CT scan and colonoscopy and now going to have a right hemicolectomy. I know it’s such a rare cancer so there isn’t a lot of information out there 

• Hi,

I'm doing OK, it's coming up to a year since I had my appendix removed.  I am still waiting for colonoscopy unfortunately but had ct scan in Feb and blood tests for tumor markers recently came back normal.  I get alot of fatigue and still get some pain but told that's normal.  It's quite scary not knowing much about it all. How are you doing?  

• Hi, 

on Monday I had my right hemicolectomy done so just recovering from that now. Feel ok though. They wanted to make sure there was no cancer in the lymph nodes so just waiting for results now, hopefully it won’t take too long! 

• Hey I’ve also had LAMN of appendix and right hemicolectomy. As you said because it’s so rare I’m finding it hard to find others in the same boat. I’ve had my surgery and still feeling extremely lethargic 4 months on and struggling to come to terms with it all.