3rd treatment type

• 2 replies
  • 19 subscribers

I am on 3rd different treatment as the first 2 didn't work Awaiting stem cell transplant but light levels are at 9000 don't really understand what is normal for light chain levels. On 2nd cycle which is all drug based, steroids, cycot and leximide. Does anyone understand the light chain.

• Hi Debjane,

I am very far from being a medical expert but I also have the light chain version of myeloma so have some small understanding of them. Mine also ran into the thousands and I do think that this abnormal. I think there are two metrics - kappa and lambda - and one of them, or both can be the problem. I also know that the metrics can really reduce very quickly once the medical teams hit on the right treatment, so please hold in there and let’s hope that this line of treatment will be the one to do the trick. I have come across lots of people who have struggled to find the right treatment but have finally got there and went on to have a stem cell transplant and a long period of remission, so I am really hoping that this will be the case for you too.

Wishing you all the very best,

Greg

• Hello thanks for your input on my second chemo ,keep up the good work it very helpful ,I am feeling well and happy with the treatment cheers.