Hello

• 1 reply
  • 74 subscribers

Hello I’m rather shocked by my diagnosis of a Stage 2c melanoma it was just a small  round lump which didn’t heal on my upper chest. After having an insignificant finding staging ct scan I think my next port of call is a WLE and sentinel lymph node biopsy. How wide is wide? 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the melanoma group which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I remember very well how shocked I was when I received a melanoma diagnosis for what looked like a small red lump on my arm. 

I didn't have a staging CT scan but I did have both a WLE and sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) and I'm happy to share my experiences of those procedures if you wanted to know anything.

As for how wide the WLE is, that depends on how deep your melanoma was. Mine was 1.45mm which meant I had 2cm taken from around the original excision site. Your surgeon should tell you how much they are intending to take and, in the meantime, you could have a look at this information from NICE.

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"