Melanoma in situ

• 4 replies
  • 74 subscribers

Hi everyone recently been diagnosed with melanoma in situ from a mole on my leg got to go have more took off and a skin graft , was not shocked when told , kind off expected the news , also 2 days have passed and and feel numb and alone , anyone any advice or just chat who been through same 

thanks 

• Hi I know how you feel when it hits you days later, I am having more surgery this month less than 3 months since my last surgery. I have had 4 melanoma on my right shin and on my right ankle. Last week I had a melt down again, I spoke to my macmillan nurse and she really calmed me down. Just reach out to your friends and family, hope this helps sue 58

• Hi Cruzey,

I had a melanoma in situ on my back. Had it removed and then the WLE but no skin graft required. Never been so scared in all my life when I was waiting for results etc etc. However a defination from Cancer Research UK made me feel a little better and certainly helped my wife cope with what was going on. It is what is highlighted at the end that meant so much ie the thought that some doctors think of it as pre cancer. Hope it puts in perspective your situation and gives you some less scary thoughts. It did for me. Good luck.

Melanoma in situ is also called stage 0 melanoma. It means there are cancer cells in the top layer of skin (the epidermis). The melanoma cells are all contained in the area in which they started to develop and have not grown into deeper layers of the skin. Some doctors call in situ cancers pre cancer.
  • It’s a really worrying time. I was diagnosed with stage 2a in September and it’s been on my mind since. A mole was removed from my right thigh about 7 weeks ago and surgery a week on Monday for a WLE and a SLNB. It’s a scary time - I’m not good a talker really so I’ve found I’ve been quite emosh in the build up this week x