Waiting results/6 weeks

• 5 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Afternoon all

At last I had my slnb on Tuesday with one node removed from left axilla. Feel slightly tender around the area but generally ok. Currently unemployed so trying to look for work but it’s so difficult as I have this to deal with. Hoping to have had my slnb results within 3 weeks but now being told 6 weeks till my appointment. Really is not helping waiting this long in current situation.Could anyone tell me if it’s normal to wait 6 weeks for slnb..

regards 

Andrew 

• Glad to hear that you've finally had your SLNB Andrew and, from my experience, your wound should soon start to feel better.

When I had my SLNB (three and a half years ago now) I had the appointment for my results two weeks later. I think the current normal length of time for results to come back is between 2 to 4 weeks. However, just like when you had your original excision, it really depends on how busy the path labs in your area of the country are Disappointed

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Totally get that things take time, but because I do a physical job it’s hard to just go snd get one.Was hoping I could get my results sooner so I can either get treatment or look for a job.Employers really don’t want to take someone on and then them go off.

Andrew 
  • I can see how this must be making life difficult for you at the moment but I don't think there's any way that you can speed the biopsy up Disappointed

Have you asked your SCNS if 6 weeks is the likely length of time before your results are back or just the time until the next available appointment? If the latter, perhaps you could explain why you could do with an earlier appointment if the results are back.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I meant to add in my previous reply Andrew, that if you have cancer, or have ever had cancer, the law considers this a disability. This means you cannot be treated less favourably than other people (who do not have cancer) because you have cancer as otherwise it would be classed as discrimination. This link gives further information. I'm fairly sure this also applies if you're looking for a job but I need to check that and I'll get back to you later.

Edit - Found the information about what happens when looking for a new job sooner than I thought.

x

Community Champion Badge