Would I have heard by now?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 21 replies
  • 57 subscribers

Following biopsy of a black raised new mole at the beginning of January, I finally have my appointment for results this week. The wait has been and still is awful. Just wanted to know if people have been called in early because theIr diagnosis was melanoma? Or is it usual to get the results 4 weeks later no matter what? 

• Hi

I'm afraid you can't read anything in to how long it takes to get your results back. It purely depends on how long it's taken for the biopsy to be looked at and how busy the pathology labs are.

Hopefully yours will be negative for melanoma and you'll be coming back next week to give us the good news Slight smile. However, rest assured that if it's not good news then there's plenty of us here to help you through the next stage.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thanks Latchbrook for replying and so quickly. I know the results were back last week. I suppose I was just hoping,well, more than that really.

x

• I think we've all been where you are now , hoping that results back early means that it's not melanoma or results that take a long time mean it's nothing to worry about.

What day next week is your appointment? 

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember

Hello Latchbrook. Wednesday. Trying to keep it together until then. I think I read that you have checkups this week. If you do I wish you all the very best.

• I'll be keeping everything crossed for you on Wednesday .

Yes you're right my check up is on Friday, so thanks for your best wishes. 

x

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember

Thank you.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Just one more thing, sorry. Would the clinic contact you by any means and suggest you bring someone with you if the news is going to be bad? Grasping at straws I know! The anxiety has got worse now I know that Wednesday is almost upon us. 

• No need to apologise for asking anything here .

I wasn't advised to bring anyone with me when I went for my results but I don't know if that's normal or not. My appointment came by letter from the hospital.

x

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember

Thanks Latchbrook. It seems so cruel to put anyone through the wait and wrong to expect anyone to cope with bad news on their own. That person, whoever it might be, has to then find their way home coping with something that no one should have to deal with. It’s really opened my eyes to the enormous anxiety and suffering that many people go through day in, day out. I suppose I have been extremely lucky and never had to think about anything like this before. 
    xx

• I would always recommend having someone with you for results. I think it’s often a good idea to hope for the best it’s good news but prepare for if it’s not and it is always helpful having 2 pairs of ears taking in info anyway.

Hope it all goes ok for you

Debs