6 Years.

• 32 replies
  • 40 subscribers

It is 6 years to the day and date I finished my treatment 10/11/2017. The time has flown by, with some ups and downs. For those who have just been diagnosed, having treatment or in recovery, myself and many others on here, are living proof that you can get through this with good results, then get back to your life.

Kindest Regards to you all. Ray.

• Crikey Ray. I can recall you posting your five years and it seems like only yesterday. 
    You’re a great stalwart of the community and many of us can be thankful for the kind and reassuring words you have for new and old. 
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 
    Hugs and may you stay well forever xx 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Thanks Dani for your kind words. I hope I have helped people on here, as I have been helped myself, by you and many others.

• Ray,

Congratulations on your 6 years.It's you guys that keep the strength and hope in us newbies.Thank you for sharing it with us.

Turi

• Thanks for the encouraging post Ray. Glad all is well Thumbsup

• Thank you, MarkEL I hope all is well with you.

• Hi Ray you were a great help to me your 7 month in front of me   Great a few of us still post. Enjoy the weekend 

hugs Hazel xx

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Hi Hazel, I thought you were not too far behind me. It is good that we still post, I still get help from coming on here, it's an encyclopedia of information.

Ray. 

• Fab to hear this!! You have given me great advice & support since I started my journey a couple of years ago. All the best to you. 

• Nice one Ray, amazing how the time goes by! You're doing a grand job.

Ten years ago today I was preparing for my neck dissection, three years ago I'd just come home after my laryngectomy...whoosh there goes another yearAstonished

I'm not on here very much in recent times, though I always look at my notifications to see if there's anything specific to my experiences that I can help with.

2023 not a year I'll look back on fondly I'm afraid, I've spent around seven weeks in hospital across three stays for non cancer stuff, and been diagnosed with early stage C in my prostate.It's not bad enough to treat (just regular blood tests at the mo to check my PSA, prostate specific antigen, levels), may never be...but it gets the cogs moving in your head.

I actually got prescribed oromorph today, just like old timesJoy

Keep well buddy, may your "ups" be many and your "downs" fewThumbsup

Community Champion Badge

Metastatic SCC diagnosed 8th October 2013. Modified radical neck dissection November, thirty-five radiotherapy fractions with 2xCisplatin chemo Jan/Feb 2014. Recurrence on larynx diagnosed July 2020 so salvage laryngectomy in September 2020.

http://mike-o.blogspot.co.uk/