6 Years.

• 32 replies
  • 40 subscribers

It is 6 years to the day and date I finished my treatment 10/11/2017. The time has flown by, with some ups and downs. For those who have just been diagnosed, having treatment or in recovery, myself and many others on here, are living proof that you can get through this with good results, then get back to your life.

Kindest Regards to you all. Ray.

• Thanks, Blod, I'm happy to help where I can, I've had great help from this group myself. Too. All the best 

Ray

• Hi Mike, it really is good to see your post, you were one of the members who helped me so much, when I was in the darkest of days, and I thank you for that. Sorry to hear you have had a bad year, hopefully next year will be better for you. Thanks again Mike. You are a friend and a champion.

• I'm not on here very much in recent times, though I always look at my notifications to see if there's anything specific to my experiences that I can help with.

Morning Mike. Good to hear from you. I know you’ve had a rotten year so fingers crossed next year will be better. 
    Im eternally grateful for the help and advice you gave me in the earlier years especially. 
    Your Marmite blog was the first I ever read

Hugs

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Thank you for sharing Ray, just what we needed to hear today.  
    My husband finished his treatment 6 weeks of radiotherapy and 5 chemotherapy sessions yesterday it really is radical treatment.  Small victory with still a very long way to go.  Feel very proud of him.  I remember your message of support and the others before he started treatment.  How you all inspired and grounded us during that panic phase, preparing for treatment.  Enjoy your living Ray xx

• Hi Daffie, well done to your husband finishing his treatment. Time now for his recovery, to let his body heal itself, it can seem like 1 step forward and 2 back at times, but he will get there. All the best to you both.

Ray.

• That's so great to hear Ray!  It's one year today for me. You & others on here have been such a help,  thank you for supporting us long after you've recovered.

Catriona

September 2022 aged 63 diagnosed with HPV associated SCC base of tongue T4 N2 M0. Chemo & radiotherapy for 6 weeks ending Nov 2022.  Dec 2023 one year all clear. See my profile for longer story

• Hi Catriona, it's good to hear you are a year post treatment today, it's good to see you are doing well, we are all here to help each other when we can.

Ray.

• Hi Ray

its always good to hear positive stories. Congratulations.

• Hi Ray

congratulations, it’s uplifting to hear positive outcomes. I look forward to you making many more annual post treatment posts.

• Thanks, BAM23, the annual posts seem to come round quicker each year. Hope you are doing well.

Ray.