White spots in my throat

• 8 replies
  • 72 subscribers

Hi all

Me again!

I noticed my voice wasn’t normal today and throat was a little sore, when I got home I looked in my throat and I noticed 2 white spots that I’ve not seen before, I’m pretty sure it’s not thrush as I have no other symptoms, any ideas?

I’m about 3 months post treatment for tonsil cancer, recently found out I have lymphoedema too!

many thanks

Guy

• All sorts of odd things kick off in your mouth and throat after treatment. It still happens to me 4 years on and after a few days of gargling with salt water and bicarbonate of soda it’s always gone away. But to put your mind at ease I’d contact your team if things haven’t calmed down in a few days. 

• Hi Guy. All sorts of stuff kicks off spots in your mouth. There is a sort of three week rule. If something new persists for three weeks then report it. Having said that the teams are aware how  precarious we are especially in our first year and are happy to reassure us. So if you are really worried contact your CNS. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Guy

Throat spots....Take a photo and email it to your GP and CNS they are the experts and will advise on what action to be taken.

Lymphoedema and thrush are common side effects of Chemoradio.

Peter

• It’s gotten worse overnight, it’s squelchy when I swallow and if I drink water, some comes out of my nose! 
    im trying not to panic but I don’t think I’m going to be able to eat!

not sure whether to go to minor injuries clinic or A&E or just see what happens!?

• Hi Guy

I had access to cancer triage at my treatment centre ....when any problems surfaced I gave them a call, they usually gave me advice over the phone or had me coming in to have a look at the issue.

Phone number was on the yellow symptom diary card given to patients.

Peter

• not sure whether to go to minor injuries clinic or A&E or just see what happens!

Phone your CNS

In circumstances like this A&E can be useless.

Your CNS might well tell you to go to A&E but in that case there will be somebody from HNC to see you there. That happened to me. My face swelled alarmingly with an infected parotid duct. I went to hospital and was seen by a member of my team. 

Dani 

Community Champion badge
  • They’ve told me to go to my GP Confused

• Struth! Is that what they told you over the phone or did you get to A&E? 

Dani 

Community Champion badge