Hi guys!

• 1 reply
  • 3 subscribers

I found this group as I was looking on the website and noticed you can chat to people and get advice and support.

Ive searched and searched online for stories, help anything that could give me some hope. My little boy who is 10 has been diagnosed with Medulloblastomas a malignant brain tumour. 
6 weeks ago he had a 15 hour brain operation and they was unsuccessful in removing all of the tumor, after a few weeks recovering we was told it has spread down his spine and brain. Because of this he’s now in the high grade and has to undergo intense high dose treatment which he starts on Tuesday.

As you’ve all been or know someone going through something similar to this you’ll understand my pain, I don’t sleep it’s a constant worry every minute of every day, I pray and pray for my baby boy to get through this I just need some hope…anything! 

• Hi  and a warm welcome to the online community

I'm really sorry to read about your little boy's brain tumour and I can't imagine how hard this must be for the whole family.

As you know the online community is divided up into different support groups  so I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also join and post in the brain cancer group which is a great place to ask questions, share experiences and get support from others who have this type of tumour or have a family member with it.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'click to join' or 'join' (depending on the device you're using) on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'. To save you typing this out again you could copy and paste it into the new post.

It would be great if you could pop something about your son's diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username. 

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"