11 year old with relapsed Hodgkin’s Lymphoma

• 1 reply
  • 3 subscribers

Hello I’m new to the group. Last April my then 10 year old was diagnosed with hogskins lymphoma- our worlds turned upside down overnight Pensive after 5 months of chemotherapy in October 2023 the scan showed clarity and his consultant said no more treatment was needed. He was so happy! Life was finally getting back to normal for him, come January 2024, the first scan since treatment showed a return, after a biopsy and another pet scan, it was confirmed that he had relapsed. He is now u dealing salvage chemotherapy, and the plan is high dose chemotherapy followed by a stem cell transplant. To say we’re beyond devastated would be an under statement. He’s had one cycle so far of IGEV and currently under going gcsf injections - all in preparation for the high dose. I’m terrified of the high dose - I was hoping others could share their experiences with me, and give me some hope that there is light at the end of this extremely dark tunnel. Thank you for reading xx

• Hi  

I don't have the experience you're looking for but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list.

I can see that you've also posted this in the Hodgkin lymphoma group and had some helpful replies from Thehighlander.

Sending virtual ((hugs))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"