** APRIL-MAY 2022 BREAST CANCER CHEMO **

• 107 replies
  • 257 subscribers

Here's a new thread for discussions around chemotherapy, as the existing threads were getting a little long. If you're looking for earlier discussions, you can find them in the

Please do let us know if you have any other threads you think would be useful to link here.

• Thank you - I hope work is going well and you are coping with the change.  I'm now trying to think of my life for the next few months in 3 week chunks - normally I plan around half terms :) 

Wishing you a xontinued recovery x

• Hi Tis- thanks for your reply. I can already see that I'm going to have to develop a 3-weekly cycle of normal :) - I'm looking to do some wfh next week and the possibly the start of the following week (around pre chemo appointments) - I'm not sure I'll keep it up all the way through (although my last 2 cycles are in the Summer hols anyway) but I'll see. I'm planning on going back for the inset day at the start of Sept and the rest of that week is usually easier anyway, as we have staggered starts for various year groups.

I joke your treatment is going well :) x

• I've had a very gentle introduction back into teaching, I'm basically covering lots of PPA so have taught Year 5, Year 3 (my old class) and I've got Year 2 this afternoon. I've loved being back, being busy and thinking about things other than cancer. I'm aware things will ramp up over the coming weeks as I start to teach more and I'm so grateful my headteacher has designed my phased return so well.

Ive been in bed at 9.30pm on my teaching days but it's a nice tired.

Hope you're ok and chemo is manageable

• Hi 

I was diagnosed in January and had lumpectomy in March I also work in a school and been waiting to find out my DX onxcotype which I was told have to wait for appointment in may had a call 2 days ago telling me tgat my score was high and I will need chemotherapy and radiotherapy. I’m dreading it I just want to get some normality back .where I have been waiting for results 6weeks they have prolonged it and it just seems like I’m waiting all the time . I was hoping I would not need chemo and just don’t know how I’m going to cope x

• You will cope. It's hard, I'm not going to lie, but you will get through it believe me. My last chemo was 9th Feb and I'm feeling relatively normal now. I never thought I'd get there. 

• Hi Banshee45 

I was expecting to have op and radiotherapy and was shell shocked like you when told u needed chemo too. It was my absolute dread. I won't say it is easy I had 6/6 3 weeks apart and once you get in with it it didn't seem as bad .

I am retired but i used to work at a SEN school and it will be hard to work in a 'germy' environment so be careful.

First few days felt a bit groggy and once steroids finished after 3 days felt very tired. The worst for me was hair loss but you may not have that type of chemo.

However it is done now and waiting to start Radiotherapy on 16th May and like you say it's the waits that are the worst part. Good luck you will get there Hearts️

1. Oh gosh I’m waiting for chemo to start and I’m so scared 
    2. I’ve got to see the oncologist on Monday  originally I was frightened of the chemo but now I’m facing the triple negative diagnosis I’m more scared of the prognosis 
  • the results are back Weary

I have been told my DX onxcotype is high and will need 16 weeks of chemotherapy through pic line . Then will have radiotherapy .

this is all to much worrying financially as will go on to half pay loosing my hair .

not going to work as I work in school so many germs and infections 

• Had 1/8 rounds of EC chemo today.

Feels a bit surreal! Trying to stay in the moment and rest.

Hows everyone else doing?

• Im so sorry. Its all just too much isnt it?

Sending you lots of love and hugs, macmillan welfare team have been great for financial advice and support for us. Worth checking out if you haven't already.

Just wanted to say really that I understand (as much as anyone else can ever understand) and this is really rubbish!

Take care, you will have some good days and moments. Enjoy them when you can and when its not a good day or moment, know your macmillan cheerleaders on tbr forum are thinking of you xxx