** APRIL-MAY 2022 BREAST CANCER CHEMO **

• 107 replies
  • 253 subscribers

Here's a new thread for discussions around chemotherapy, as the existing threads were getting a little long. If you're looking for earlier discussions, you can find them in the

Please do let us know if you have any other threads you think would be useful to link here.

• How was it I’m having the same start on 30th may 

• Also how long are the session of chemotherapy I’m having EC to 

• It was ok. It wasnt painful but a little uncomfortable at times. I was only in the hospital for just over an hour. I had my bloods taken the day before and they had gone through all the paperwork then too so it was just straight on with the show! 

• They fitted a cannula and attached a drip. They let the fluid flush through then the gave me a burst of steroids through the drip.

Then the nurse attached the chemo medication into the cannula. The medicine was gently syringed in by the nurse in one bit of the cannnula while the drip slowlu fed the fluid in the other.

A couple of times it felt a little irritating but it was barable and all medicine was administered within 30 mins or so.

The syringes were really big, they warned me but I didnt find them daunting.

They gave me sickness medication there and then and have sent me home with more. If you have any questions please just ask.

I started to feel really tired with a light headache around 7.30 (which is fairly standard for that time of night to be honest). I feel a little queesy but I dont know if its in my head!

Gonna head to bed soon xx

• Thankyou can I ask did you have the cold cap ? I have read about it but was offered but I don’t know if I will cope with it x

• I didnt go cold cap. I hate being cold and I just don't think I could deal with it.

How are yoi feeling about your hair? 

Ive been up and down but I found an amazing lady who is a BC surivor and set up a hair loss solutions business after her journey. 

I went to see her a few weeks ago and she measured me up so its ready for when I shave my head. She had like a nude head sock that she put over my head so it gave me a realish indication of how I will look without hair. Like most things on this journey, the reality was much better than the unknown! 

Ive also bought some funky banadanas and hats.

A few people have told me that ny hair will likely last another week or 2 after my first dose.

Do you have long or short hair?

Im hearing amazing things about the macmillan centres and look good, feel good for supporting with these things. Is there a centre near you?

Sorry, loads of questions! Just want to help if I can. Politely ignore if your not there yet xx

• I am going to start one of the 8 rounds of chemo this coming Sat. Thanks for sharing your experience in such details.

• No problem at all, its really helped me to read other peoples experiences so I want to share the love! 

If you have any questions, please just ask. 

How are you feeling about Saturday? xx

• Hi JessicaRabbit,

This forum has been so helpful for me as well. I am beginning to feel my nerves a little bit overall looking forward to start the treatment. 
    I am going to have a picc line inserted tomorrow. Wondering if you got one too? Sophia x

• No, I didnt get a PICC line this time, Im having 4 rounds of EC to start which just goes in through a cannula for now. Not sure if I will get one for the last 4 rounds as its a different drug that takes a long time to administer.

Good luck getting your picc line fitted. Let me know how it goes.

I felt the same, nervous but excited to start getting this horror out of my body.

Not sure if its in my mind, but I got a few sharp pains in my breast behind my nipple (where the cancer is) and I was like YES! Chemo, you smash that cancer Joyhe he!