ARIMIDEX PACKAGING

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 10 replies
  • 269 subscribers

Hi all .. quick q if I may relaying to the packaging of Arimidex .. for the last three years I’ve been taking Arimidex and always been given the tablet in a box with pink labelling. I picked up my last prescription a week or so ago andhave noticed they’ve given me Arimidex in a white box with no colour on it at all. It SEEMS to be made by Astra Zeneca ..but the tablet blister pack is slightly diff too ( no calendar on it) ... I will go back to the pharmacy but I can’t do that until the end of the week. I’m very nervous about the new pack ... I can only tolerate Arimidex .. other generics knock me for 6 and stop me operating normally.

Can anyone see any light ? I’ll try and attach one photos .. I’m probably worrying unnecessarily, but also can’t find any suggestion online that the apackaging has changed !

Thanks in advance ! 

Sarah 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi 

Can you reply back with the letters and numbers imprinted on the tablet itself as they can identify the maker.

Some generic brands need only put Arimidex® on the pack but it must have the registered symbol after the name on the pack - the giveaway is the brand data inprinted on the tablet.

So these could be a generic Disappointed but the printed label does actually state Arimidex where generics usually just have Anastrozole ?

I think this is how Astra Zeneca Arimidex reads ?

G n' J

• You could contact the manufacturer with pictures in the meantime for confirmation, because if it is fake they should know (as should the NHS who pay a lot for it!) I'd personally request a replacement, as doing a quick search it's been faked in the past. It's really scary that people are prepared to do that, knowing it will lead to possible death in some cases. I know Femara (the original Letrozole) has also been copied  and sold by online pharmacies.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet.  Stephen Hawking,
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Londonmumof2

Thanks for replying. I have found an email address for Asta Zeneca and asked them - great idea and much appreciated.

I’ve tried generics and react so badly to them, I really don’t want to take anything other than the patented version ! 

I’ll report back when I get some clarity, incase others have a similar query.

Thanks

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Good afternoon, 

have you heard back from AstraZeneca, as my mum has received the same box and refusing to take due to previously experienced side effects?

Your response would be much appreciated.

• FormerMember

Hello
    do you know the outcome of the story with this box?

Was it generic or not?

Thank you in advance

• FormerMember

Hi  hope you well. Did you have a reply from Astra Zeneca. I also have received these this month instead of my pink and white pack   Thank you 

• FormerMember

Good morning, I have not received a response to this question. I think this is generic.

• Is it manufactured in another country? Thr labelling could be different for that reason.  I'd have thought that different formula would have given different side effects

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet.  Stephen Hawking,
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Londonmumof2

It is manufactured in one of the Scandinavian countries. 

My mum did not risk taking it (as she previously had bad side effects) I managed to get an original from another chemist. 

• FormerMember

I have rang Astra Zeneca  this morning. They say they should contain the same Ingredients and because they are packed within the eu they can use different packaging   I’m not sure they contain the same ingredients . I’m experiencing the same bone pain on these as I did on the generic Anastrozole in the very beginning I have been to various chemists  and none have the Arimidex   Pink and white box in.  One pharmacist did say the filler is  slightly different.   I need to find pink and white boxed (manufactured in the uk )  which pharmacy did you use and do they ask for the pink and white box    thanks