• 17 replies
  • 456 subscribers

Hi all, new to this club that none of us wished to be in but hey ho. Hoping that you’re all doing ok right now x

• Hi Foxy mama welcome to the forum and you are right, it is one none of us would wish to join, but hey, when we do we find like minded people and people who can give us information and tips which is always helpful. Do you want to tell us a little bit about you and whats happening for you? 

Sending some hugs your way for now. 

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Gail, 

I found my lump on routine check 1st February managed to get into doctors on 20th February, 27th I was in breast clinic at my local hospital the initial examination I was told ‘ probably just a thickening of muscle’ I relaxed thought thank goodness, through to mammogram nothing said, onto ultrasound and side swiped with news that I had a lump and biopsy would be done straightaway, not even time to get my partner from the waiting room. I was shocked then the wait! Omg 4weeks felt like forever. I have now had lumpectomy and sentinel node removed that was Monday still sore and getting very bored not being able to do anything for myself! I have one question; when I had my radioactive injection the ct lady said that my lymph node was much bigger than expected anyone else had this? What does it mean when this happens? My lump was 2.75cm and they haven’t said too much about it so just got to wait my turn on the pathology I suppose x 

• Hi I'm a newbie too. Still absorbing my diagnosis ATM I'm going between bursting into tears and being strong and positive. I have an appointment next week where  surgery/treatment will be discussed. Hope you're okay. X 

1. The waiting is the worst . Fingers crossed for results soon Fingers crossed
    1. Hi all I've been diagnosed with ductal breast cancer  8th feb 2024 've had lumpectomy and re constructive mamoplasty and sentinel node biopsy.The margins weren't clear  and lymph nodes showed  cancer present there !so last week I've had re incision and further surgery. I opted to declined full auxiliary clearance if the lymoh nodes as was told chemo and radio would zap the lymph nodes.One consultant has said chemo and radiotherapy another has said tamoxifen for 10 years.I'm still having periods.Really not keen on having HT as I suffer with fibroids also.Has anyone declined HT due to the side effects??Thanks for reading X
  • Hi the waiting is awful.

I can't offer any other help other than take it  one day at a time .

Good luck with everything x

• The waiting is worse than almost anything else, just not having definitive answers is so worrying leaving you unable to plan 4-6 weeks until I get my results, some I see in here are able to get theirs in about a week! I’m happy for them, just wish mine would be as fast

• Hi, I’m new to all this.  I was supposed to be running The London Marathon Sunday but instead Friday I’ll be having my first session for chemo.  I’ve never felt so fit in my life so to find and lump then told it’s cancer is like a punch right in the stomach.  Like most I’m strong so days, break down others but what I’m finding is I’m extremely lonely.

my husband seems to just stay at work friends were there at first but now it’s like I’m no one knows what to say.  I’m just sitting there watching tv or walking the dog.  Does it get any better ?  

• I know the feeling, my surgery means I can’t go to do my job for at least 8 weeks then there’s the ongoing treatments to think about, as a bus driver I won’t be able to work if any treatment makes me tired which apparently happens with both radio and chemo so I could be stuck on sick pay for months. My fella works and it’s his own business so gets to me when he can (also doesn’t live with me)and my kids are great but all work so it’s me and my arthritic dog sat in front of the tv for hours on end. House is not how I would like it but I have no motivation to sort anything let alone the ability atm, it MUST get better it has to! We will be ok just as soon as we get through the treatment PMA and hugs to all xx