MRI results

• 8 replies
  • 484 subscribers

I had MRI  on Saturday, my nurse tells me the reports are looked at on a Wednesday, I’ve had a phone call this morning with an appointment having been made to see my doctor/consultant today …. I’m now petrified as this quick turnaround only makes me fear the worse … can anyone relate to this please? 

• Hi  , I can imagine that this has put you into a tailspin as it’s natural to fear that a quick turnaround means bad results. But I’ve learned that in this cancer game, nothing should be assumed. I didn’t have the same experience with results, but did have a similar situation a couple of years after my op. I had some ‘spotting’, phoned GP, was seen that day and referred for ultrasound to check it out (I’ve had uterine polyps in the past). Expected to wait a couple of weeks for an appointment but got a phone call that day for a scan 2 days later. Although glad to get an appointment, I immediately thought that the GP must have flagged me as very urgent and feared the worst. But when I had the scan and queried the quick response, the radiologist said oh yes they’re really making sure our lists are full, there must have been a cancellation. Nothing showed up on the scan and thankfully no further bleeding. 
    Try to just take it a step at a time, it’s good to have a quick appointment as you’ll know sooner what treatments may be appropriate for you. I’d be panicking just as you are, but it may simply be that they wait until they know for sure that results are back and have been discussed, before making appointments. Will be thinking of you, do come back to let us know how it goes. Love and hugs, HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
    Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
  • Try to stay calm (I know it's easier said than done!) - even 'the worse' is treatable nowadays and in many cases curable. I am just like you - I always think and expect the worst so I know how you are feeling right now - it does suck! Also, it doesn't necessarily mean cancer has spread. My thoughts are with you and I'm keeping everything crossed! Big hug,

Lana xx

• Thank you so much again for your amazing words. I’ve had the phone call and the results have shown that there is no reason for concern outside of the breast area but I’m now to have a CT scan tomorrow and another biopsy on lymph nodes under my arm. 
    Thanks again, hope you’re doing ok, please take care x 

• Thank you so much again for your reassuring words. I’ve now had the results and they show that there seems to be no reason for concern anywhere else other than the breast area. I have a CT scan now tomorrow potentially followed by another biopsy on suspicious lymph nodes under my arm. 
    Thanks again, please take care x 

• That's a really great news!!! Fingers crossed for the CT scan tomorrow! xx

• Thank you…. Xx 

• That’s great to hear, best result and a big box to tick off! Good that you’re having the CT scan and further biopsies so that they have all the info they need to plan the best combination of treatments for you. It’s still agonising to have to wait for further results, but all going in the right direction. Love and hugs, HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
    Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi