Triple negative 4 cm

• 69 replies
  • 470 subscribers

Anyone like me?

• Hi Esme

you can put your details into the nhs predict website for your survival stats at 5, 10 and 15 years. Even if you consider your picture to be bad, more often than not, it is far more likely to be ok than not…even with large tumours.  treatments are very good these days. 

I have a different type but am high risk due to nodal involvement and grade so I know how you feel and some days I still feel like I won’t survive but you get a little bit more balanced in your thinking as treatment starts. 

Somebody with triple negative will be along to help you further, I’m sure. X

• I only mentioned your survival stats as I saw your comment on another thread about this being your worry. X

• Thank you for replying 

I think my stats are 12% chance of making it through next year.

I don’t know what to do with myself 

• I am very sorry to hear about your risk :( 

• Is this due to lymph node involvement?  Has anyone confirmed that to you if they’ve still not got the full picture from scans? X

• Still no full picture - but being sent for full bone scan as that is where they think it has spread

will be told on July 6th 

I am desperately trying not to hope - 

I have two daughters in their twenties 

you?

• I only found out how serious triple negative by accident today 

• Tell me about you

• Hi Esme,

Sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis.

My mum age 55 was diagnosed with Triple Negative stage 3 locally advanced spread to lymph nodes with a rare ulceration wound that broke out of the skin on the breast. 

1 year later she's still going strong, tumor shrunk dramatically, lymph nodes don't have cancer in anymore  and she's ready for surgery. Hope this helps Take care x

• So glad about your mother!

i am scared mine has spread widely- I left it so long and the tumour is so big 

and the outlook for this kind of cancer is so poor