Breast Cancer diagnosed yesterday

• 20 replies
  • 461 subscribers

Hi ,  I am 49 and was diagnoised with Grade 3 Invasive Ductal Carinoma,  PR Negative. Yesterday.    I feel my head is about to explode,, Anxious and very scared.   I have a 10 year old son who has Down syndrome and is totally unaware and would not understand,  Having lots of cuddles from him right now.   Not sure what else  to say.     Just wanted to start somewhere x

• Hello and welcome to the club no one wanted to join,   Have they given you an outline treatment plan, though be prepared it can change as they gather more information as everyone's cancer is unique.  Just know it's very treatable but I know it's scary,  feel free to ask any question on here, nothing a stupid question and even if someone can't answer they will try to point you in right direction.  There's many ladies in her pre with young children who might be able to tell you how they told their children etc.

• Hi and welcome , I’m sorry you’ve been diagnosed with breast cancer  and I know you must be stunned at the moment , it’s a lot to take in and overwhelming 

I’m 46 and was diagnosed at the beginning of Feb . I didn’t tell my children until I had a plan in place , that way I could at least tell them what the treatment might be 

Do you have any idea of a plan as yet ? 
    love L xx

• Hi, 

I’m 48 and have Triple Negative, Grade 3. I am having Chemo before the operation and so far doing well. My children are grown, but both live 6 hours drive away. My bubble of friends is incredibly small with no family local. It sucks but I will come out the other side and so will you xxx 

• You made me smile welcoming me to the club no one wanted to join, ;)   My Next step is to have another biospy Monday as I have some calcification.    I had 3 lumps which  1 was cancerous , As i have very small breasst and due to the flattening I have been advised to consider a full Mascteomy.  Treatment there after will depend on what is found..

Thank you for replying., I will remain strong, Keep positive and take each day as it comes,   xx

• Thank you and I am sorry you have been diagnosed too!     Very overwhelming.  Feels like I having a bad dream.

I am not sure how much my son will understand  but you are  right.  I need to understand what is ahead.   No treatment plan as such yet .  My Next step is to have another biospy Monday as I have some calcification.    I had 3 lumps which  1 was cancerous , As i have very small breasst and due to the flattening I have been advised to consider a full Mascteomy.  Treatment there after will depend on what is found..

Thank you L x

• Hi,

Glad you are doing well,.  I have a small friendship group but not told any of them yet as trying to get it round my head is enough at the moment,    We will fight this,  I am stubborn and competive in life and this will not stop me,    Always here to talk to as well,   xx

1. Welcome Capricorn,  you'll get lots of support on here as everyone understands exactly what your going through..I have same diagnosis as you  but different treatment plan . You will get through it and your son will keep you going..I have a 7 year old daughter who kept Me going . Its a roller coaster journey with lots of emotions..click on my name I've wrote a little bit about my journey. Xx
  • Hi, My youngest daughter is autistic and we haven't told her. I worry about when things are difficult to hide and how she'll handle it. Big hugs, thinking of you too.Blush

• Thank you Deeds,  Not been on here long and you are all so lovely, postive and encouraging, My son keeps me going to.  Its weird that  I only been diagnosed since 01st June and I see the world differently already for the better thought.  As in things that used to annoy me, Just dont now,  They dont matter,   I read about your Journey,  You been through it .  Sorry to hear this but you are here and listening and supporting other.   Amazing.  Thank you for your kind words, xx

• Hi Spindrift. It a difficult one isnt it.  My son  jus starting to understand emotions and feelings   He was really upset at school when I had covid in February and could not see me for a week,.   I guess we have to tell them when the time is right and ensure we have all the support in place with family, friends and school.    I am thinking of you too,   Always here to chat xx