Lonely

• 26 replies
  • 55 subscribers

Been a while my brain tumour has been rescanned and the doctors took a bit from by brain. They tell it’s rare form and they explain it’s like a load of dots of the cancer all over by brain. At the moment it’s inactive but they say it will come back, but don’t know how. All they have said when it does it will take me. 
To go with that just after Xmas my wife has left me.

Home is up for sale looking to move to somewhere smaller. The tumour has affected hearing and walking un aided. I’m trying to get fitter and stronger everyday. Really hard having to rely on people to things for me. Luckily I’ve got three lovely kids who support me as much they can. They all have the own family to look after. My x will not even talk to discuss things because she lost the motability new car which she got when i became ill. Cannot remember anything of the last 15 years, motability found out that the car was not doing being used to help me and not being parked at address so insurance was being affected. So she blames me for her not swanning about in a new car.

Life has been turned upside down, looking for a new flat or somewhere to move to. 

• Good morning like you said, I find the message platform hard. Loss of memory is hard especially went it so good before. I really I’m my kids to tell me how it all started and how, apparently was in hospital for three months. Was allowed to come home with a three months to live diagnosis. That was over three years ago. I think that’s also a reason for my wife to leave, go and live with one of her x boyfriends who’s wife just kicked him out. I cannot help thinking me out living my 3 months put a big spanner in her spokes. 
    But starting to come terms with it and get on with my new life. It would be nice to communicate with you  Listen to your diagnosis and how you are coping with it.

Graham

• Morning... I TOTALLY get it!!! I've just sent you a friend request Blush

• I think I’ve accepted, that is just another problem all this technology is getting harder all the time. Just taken five minutes to get back to this page. Plus my spelling is a problem, get a carer twice a day for a hour. But at the moment can get around my new flat with an aid walking stick, manage to cook and keep my flat clean. While I can do this I will, good to hear you are still working. I’ve had to give this up and driving. That’s why i rely on my kid to come and take me out, plus my six grandchildren keep me going.

• Yes... I find getting round this site impossible with brain mets!! And my spelling and math is really bad! 

Sorry I meant I'm not working - being retired off this month.

Well done tho for managing life at home - I find domestic tasks really difficult and needed a cleaner... more costs!/money spent due to cancer hey 

• Like you got a list of drugs to take, at the moment they seem to be keeping things in check. My consultant at the last scan said it’s not got any bigger, but his last words were it will and went that day comes it will be goodnight Charlie. 
    Hope you are well, getting used living with this disease. Living now on benefits etc. 

• Hi We me , so sorry for your loss, this horrible disease hopefully your husband will be at peace now. 
    I still struggle with the web site and how it all works. All the best wishes for you and big virtual hugs for supporting your husband through this difficult experience.

Hopefully we can talk via this site in the future.

• Thanks, One2many. 

I still plan to continue as a community champion even though G's journey ended last year. If sharing anything from our journey can help someone else then I'm happy to do so.

take care

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi we me 

Good news that you are carrying on with helping others. At present I find my life has stopped and waiting for it to take me. Feel a burden for my family especially after wife has left. She has come up with a good story to tell people why she left, she knows I can’t remember anything for how all this started . I know at present can look after myself and cook, clean etc. Got a care company coming in twice a day, at present I’ve tell them to come have coffee and a good chat. Some of the ladies have been with me since I came out of Hospital. Hopefully we can chat on here.

All the best GT1/ one2may

• Sorry it’s. late , how things for you. Been hailing trouble with catheter, nurse has been and fitted a new one. That’s another thing the cancer has affected. It’s good to have someone to talk too, that’s going through the same process. 
    Talk again tomorrow?

• Sorry I’ve not been in touch , have horrible cold plus another scan to see the mass on the other side of my first tumour was not waking up. Thankfully it showed everything was the same as last toy. Plus this website is horrible especially