Brains expanding again

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 52 subscribers

Hi all been told after MRI cancer returned waiting For biopsy surgery but wish they would go away getting fedup with Suffering Iam struggling with coping but making worse doctors wont see u face to face and with my deafness makes it worse doing triage any ideas or advice

• Hi

I'm sorry to read that after your MRI you've been told that your cancer has returned. This must have been very difficult for you to hear made worse by the fact that your deafness makes non face-to-face appointments difficult.

I am not sure from your post whether it's the waiting for a biopsy, your deafness, not being able to see a consultant in person or all these things which you are finding difficult to cope with. I'm presuming that your hospital team are aware of your deafness but maybe you need to contact them again to explain how difficult this makes everything for you. 

As for coping while waiting for a biopsy I found the best thing for me was to do things that I enjoyed, eg hobbies, so that I had as little time as possible to sit worrying. Lots of people find mindfulness very helpful and if this is something that you are interested in there's more information here on the NHS website.

Wishing you all the best

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"