Son newly diagnosed

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 34 subscribers

My son (31) was admitted to hospital 3 weeks ago after optician found an issue. He had had “migraines” for 2 months numerous trips to gp ,out of hours & hospital all said migraines then optician sent him straight to a&e to be told brain tumour a week later we got the devastating news it was malignant & had spread to his spine he’s now getting op number 5 as his shunt constantly has problems & had a massive seizure today.  We have been told it’s a rare tumour & more testing needed done but still don’t know next steps regarding treatments   We also have been told it flagged up on a scan a few years ago but wasn’t followed up which is frustrating 

• Hi Leglessghirl69

Your story very similar to mine. Please read my profile. I'm here to help if I can. 

My son was 34 when diagnosed last year. 

Madesp 
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Madesp

Been told today that op last night removed shunt mechanism but let tubes as fluid is too think & causes issues now looking at palliative care & if he can build up & get strong enough they will look at chemotherapy etc but for now not looking good they have said hope for the best but prepare for worst 

• So sorry really sorry to hear this. Hang on there and hope your son gathers the strength. The doctors will tell you the worst. This is a nasty disease that ravages our loved ones but please never give up hope. X

Madesp 
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Madesp

Well he’s been in hospice 2 weeks & has done well but he’s not likely to get home & we won’t have long obviously we don’t know for certain but he’s deteriorating a little we are broken hearted but staying strong for him

• My thoughts are with you at such a difficult time.

Carole