How are we all doing ?

• 3751 replies
  • 85 subscribers

Hi All. How is everyone doing? Anyone stuck indoors? Remember, this is a support group, and things don't always need to be medical. There is usually someone here if you just want a chat, a moan, or any stories. My wife has been stocking up on paint, so guess what I will be doing in the near future. Best wishes.

• CB, I'm afraid your description put me more in mind of Roald Dahl's Twits....

• Here's Mrs CB and I in the garden earlier!

I may appear to be listening but in my head I'm all at sea. 

• I decided to pop out & top up on bread & milk just in case things got any worse.  It was quite nice as there was hardly anyone around.  Although I did wish I had Victor Meldrew's You Boy stick to prod the people out of the way who were too busy looking at their phones to keep a safe distance away from me.  I should imagine Doris Johnson's chat had everyone out panic buying again last night & early morning.  

Keep safe all xxx

• Same here Absolutely  love  typo in future its Doris Johnson in our household  Gave me a giggle 

Was it a typo or deliberate 

Love 

Wilbert xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Wilbert

Had my TURBT today. It was really quiet in the car park and only 3 men waiting for Urology ops. Wife usually waits till I go down but she had to leave me at reception and no visiting either. I asked if I would have a chemo wash or a course of BCG and the consultant said they weren’t doing it due to the weakening of the immune system. He also said bladder removal was off the menu too as they might need the ITU beds. Glad I have managed to get it in before the sh-t hits the fan. Thinking of you all still waiting for their procedures

• That’s great news Pursy glad it went well and thanks for posting as waiting for mine after 2 cancellations keep well very best wishes

• Well, the beard is not looking great so far. Unlike the dark haired guys who look cool after a few days, I am fair and so it is not really noticeable yet. I was hoping to get to the distinguished look by now, but my wife says I look like an old fashioned tramp. Wearing the same clothes for a week doesn't help with the image (Well the comfies I take off at bedtime are the nearest things to put on next day). Best wishes

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to rily

Are you going for a full beard of a goatee

• Hey Wilbert,

I've always called him Doris, I shouldn't really as it's an insult to all the Doris ladies out there.  I did call him something else once but got banned from twitter for a week, so now I just use the V word & it works quite well. Grin

I have a thing for tins, not beans or anything like that.  Although right now I wouldn't mind a few more of those sort of tins.  It began with a biscuit tin I got in the Boots 75% off sale, then I moved on to buying toiletries in tins.  MrB produced one this morning & it had BFD3 on it.  It was a programme called Big F****** Drums Astonished. It made me laugh though. Blush. Sorry.

Glad that's out the way pursy!  It's what to do for the best innit, do we have it or risk a dose of Corona if we go in to hospital.  

Keep safe all xxx

• Hi Pursy. Early days yet and it is still a bit patchy, so I will see how it goes. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?