How are we all doing ?

• 3711 replies
  • 85 subscribers

Hi All. How is everyone doing? Anyone stuck indoors? Remember, this is a support group, and things don't always need to be medical. There is usually someone here if you just want a chat, a moan, or any stories. My wife has been stocking up on paint, so guess what I will be doing in the near future. Best wishes.

• Foxbrush sorry if it's mean but this just made me laugh out loud  x 

• Sweat smile foxbrush.

Well, I coloured my hair ready for the occasion of going nowhere, or thinking I could be rushed off to have my op but that was a waste as my roots are through already.  I've given up on the hair cut as I use the college & they're closed, & I think the other hairdresser that I use has closed too.  I really don't care any more, if it reaches ankle length I shall take the razor to it, unless of course I end up with a wonderful new do which is highly unlikely seeing as I have had bad hair days for much of my natural life.

Keep safe all xxx

• Today I decided to stop shaving everywhere except around my stoma. My barber has closed so I shall be cultivating my nose, ear and eyebrow hair.

I'm expecting to look like a cross between a Hobbit and Denis Healey quite soon.

Mrs CB has been seen sharpening her pinking shears (eek!)

CB

I may appear to be listening but in my head I'm all at sea. 

• Hi All I just got the text from the NHS advising me to stay at home and self isolate and adopt shielding for the next 12 weeks. As I am not currently receiving any treatment I did not think I would get the notice however I am awaiting a date for a TURBT... anyone else got the stay at home notice cheers all

• Hi CB. You have created an image. My Dad used to clear his nasal hair by waving a candle under it. I tried it once with a cigarette lighter. Bad idea. Fearful Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• AllotmentP. I assume they must class you as a current patient, even though not in treatment. Stay safe and Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Hello AllotmentP

I received the same text when I got back from hospital  today having undergoing a flexible cystoscopy which gave me the all clear albeit for four months until I have another flexi in June.

stay well

Garviv

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Garviv

TURBT looks like it’s still on for tomorrow. Looks like it could be 12 weeks in the spare room afterwards. Managed to get some sleepers up in the garden today and a path behind so it won’t be such a maul to get the mower up to the top bit of lawn. 

• Hi Pursy,I hope you can get your TURBT tomorrow,Wishing you well if it all goes ahead.Love Jane x

• That’s great news and reassuring these ops are going ahead good luck ..am waiting for my op..