Any advice would be grateful my partner had 2nd turbt on 5th December 2022 a tumour was removed at front of bladder non invasive pta1 grade 3 consultant seems to think got it all but since he had procedure has been in pain in the bladder, burning sensation...
Following a turbt last month, when surgeon team reassured me that the small1.5 cm single tumour( looked like a sea anenome!) “did not look angry and all removed and likely to be a low grade papillary tumour”, the consultant confirmed t1 G3 and suggested...
Hi all, I had a nephrouterectomy (kidney,ureter,bladder cuff removed), in October due to cancer in my ureter surgery went well but I had a leak in my bladder. I've been catherised since and it doesnt seem to be mending. Has anyone else experienced...
I went with my husband today to Leicester to discuss surgery once he completes his chemotherapy course which hopefully starts next week. He has T2N0 M0 muscle invasive bladder cancer. We were told today that chemo and surgery will only add 5% on top...
I opted to have my procedure anyway had to make the difficult decision of postpone or go ahead despite risk o was told I’ve an infection as there was a high temperature and nitrates in urine. They’ve had to refit the catheter, my bladder closes too quickly...
After 7 weeks I am still waiting my results from 2 biopsies, is this normal?
This was stated by surgeon after 2nd turbt with his statement that he would have been looking at bcg but now possibly not( presumably because if this finding). Suggested that radical surgery may be best but to wait and see at histology and meeting with...
Hi Everyone My partner is currently awaiting his 2nd TURBT results, and discussion with the consultant, with regards to treatment.After the second op, on Nov 30th. He was advised that he would have follow up appt, within 3/4 weeks. Today, he was advised...
Having accepted a cancelled appointment for a re-resection I then found I have covid so that cancelled and also puts in doubt my original date on 28th Dec.. I am awaiting verdict of consultant and have offered to have spinal block rather than general...
Good Evening All I would appreciate any advice please After having waited a month, for my partners 2nd TURBT results. The GP, advised, that the muscle biopsy, was Inconclusive. Because of the sample of Tissue removed. Apparently, It wasn't suitable...
Whatever cancer throws your way, we’re right there with you.
We’re here to provide physical, financial and emotional support.
© Macmillan Cancer Support 2026 © Macmillan Cancer Support, registered charity in England and Wales (261017), Scotland (SC039907) and the Isle of Man (604). Also operating in Northern Ireland. A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales company number 2400969. Isle of Man company number 4694F. Registered office: 3rd Floor, Bronze Building, The Forge, 105 Sumner Street, London, SE1 9HZ. VAT no: 668265007