Recent turbt

• 13 replies
  • 55 subscribers

Hi All 

New poster here.Have just had a turbt recently and removed a tumour.I had treatment with mytomycin after.That was 3 days ago.It still stings when urinating .Is this normal.

Waiting on results .The consultant said that my tumour had 2 roots .one going into the bladder wall and the other going towards the prostate. He said this was unusual so I'm a little worried.Cant do anything but wait now

• Hi  and welcome to the group. I am sure you will get plenty of support here as you go forward. The stinging is normal and can last up to a week but it should gradually fade. It is important to drink plenty of water at this stage to keep any blood and debris flushed out to help prevent any blockages. You should be given a stage and grade when the results of the biopsies are in. You may be called for a second TURBT to double check and get a more accurate diagnosis. This is normal along with a scan or two. When they have the full picture they will come up with a treatment plan for you. Feel free to ask any questions, lots of experience here. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Hi Paddy72,Welcome to our friendly group.I hope you will find it helpful and supportive.Best wishes Jane x

• Hi,

Just to echo Rily and welcome to the group. Now the initial findings may seem unusual, but this doesn't mean that it isn't untreatable . Bladder Cancer has a high rate of being successfully treated, The stinging is quite common and usually gets better and drinking plenty of water helps. You can get bleeds etc for a few weeks after and this isn't uncommon.

Now the wait for the results is probably the worse thing of the whole process and most of us have been through it, so you're not alone. Please keep coming back anytime you feel anxious, you will always get someone's ear. The initial stages are confusing, distressing and be damned right awful, but it my experience it does get better.

It doesn't matter where you go, there you are
  • I'm on the BCG regimen, not mitomycin,, but regards drinking lots, this does help. Would suggest Robinsons Lemon Barley water as this seems to do the trick with me post treatments. The lemon variety has ~4% barley whilst the other barley waters only ~1%. Make sure you fully mix the bottle before dispensing as the barley sinks to the bottom.

• Dear Paddy, also recently diagnosed and TURBT - I still had blood and was stinging for 2 weeks afterwards, but calmed down after that, so nothing to worry about. Hope you're feeling better.

• Hi Paddy, good luck for tomorrow, keep in touch and lets us know how you get on. I have always found it nerve wracking, the waiting and then results day. Hope you can put it out of your mind and get a bit of sleep. Take care

much love Angela 

• Positive thoughts for you.

It doesn't matter where you go, there you are
  • Not good news unfortunately.They think I could have a rare case of prostate duct cancer..waiting for a mri of prostate,full thoracic ct scan and a bone scan .also have to go for a resection of my bladder at the end of the month.