Just diagnosed- waiting for TURBT

• 23 replies
  • 57 subscribers

Hi I'm a 53 year old mum of 2.Just been diagnosed. I'm in pieces/shock. Can you gve me advice on how to  get as strong as possible, mentally and physcially  for the proceedure please. Pre op is on Tuesday, so it won't be too long to wait. Thank you

• Thank you both for your reassuring comments

• Ever since all the regular pregnancy blood pressure taking thirty-odd years ago, every time anyone says roll up your sleeve and starts to wrap the cuff, here's what I do: I imagine I'm staring at a sea of bright green icy frozen peas, the small ones. [nothing else in field of view] I've no idea where I got it from but it works every time!

• Hi spring 2024, welcome to the group,  I'm sorry you are here but there are many people here who have lots of experience with this. I was diagnosed over 2 years ago and am about to have my 5th TURBT. I'm pretty bored of it all now and despite an uncertain start with kidney removal  I'm here and surviving.  Luckily mine is superficial  , unluckily its a bugger to get rid of ! My advice is to just take it one appointment at a time. The worst bit is the waiting ! I've still been able to continue with my life betwwen chemo, ops and apptments and consider myself lucky  . Wishing you all the best . Paula x 

• Hi all, thank you for your support and advice. I'm still trying to come to terms wiith it. TURBT is booked for 2nd April.  When do you think I will be able to drive after the TURBT, thanks x

• Hi Spring2024.

Good to hear you've got your TURBT date.

You'll probably be knocked out for the operation and was advised to wait at least 24 hours before driving. However I waited over 48 hours as I was to tired.

After the 48 hours I was driving, but not far. I was drinking lot's of water and didn't want to be too far from a loo.

Best of luck for the 2nd.

Ttevor 

• Hi, had my last op Friday and drove today for the first time. I always find it a little uncomfortable to start with. I've recovered quite well from all my TURBTs, sometimes I've had a catheter for aKissing hearteek sometimes not. Everytime though I've rested for 3/4 days before doing much even if I've felt OK, as I've learnt I get tired quickly and  need to recover from the op. Make sure you drink plenty oKissing heartfluids . Try and avoid constipation too, as that can be more painfull. Currently my tumours are multifocal and flat but I've had as many as 9 in the past . Just take it easy xx Kissing heart 

• Hi Pugsy, thank you for your advice and support xx

• Hi I hope everything went OK for you today , make sure you rest x

• Hope your op went OK and you are now rest and recovering PraySlight smile