Waiting!

• 136 replies
  • 60 subscribers

After finding a cancerous tumour via cystoscopy on the 30th November and a CT scan 17th December I eventually contacted GP because I’d heard nothing regarding results, the waiting was really getting to me!! She was able to tell me that scan showed nothing else of concern but no more real detail. I then contacted the hospital to chase up when TURBT op was going to happen only to be told that all operations were cancelled due to COVID! Urology department also confirmed this is the case. Gutted!! I have now decided to have it done privately but it still means a wait of about 6 weeks.  Hopefully I can keep myself from stressing out too much! If anyone else is experiencing the knock on effects of the pandemic, I feel for you, it’s blooming horrible!! My heart goes out to all those who are suffering from COVID too, what a world we find ourselves in!

• Hi . Really disappointing to hear that your TURBT is not going ahead, despite the powers that be tell us cancer treatments should go ahead. Good to know nothing else showed on the scan. 6 weeks should not make much difference in the great scheme of things, but the waiting is always an anxious time. Good to know you are able to go private. I hope it goes well. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Hello Lingdilong. 

That's terrible news for you. I really feel  for you. Good luck with your private venture.

I have a pre-op date following my second lot of BCG but an ominous silence about a rigid cystoscopy operation date. I mentioned this to the CNS but didn't really get a reply so am not optimistic. The  good news I have is that I am getting my Covid jab today.

Keep in touch.

All the best,

Gandulf.

• My GP had assured me that cancer treatments were indeed going ahead, she was also very shocked to hear that my op was on hold! What I found equally disappointing was the attitude of the consultants secretary when she told me, she was very dismissive.  I explained that I’d been diagnosed but had been left with no further support from anyone for 6 weeks! She ‘kindly’ offered me a telephone appointment with the consultant in 3 weeks time!!  A big thank you to you all here for keeping me (reasonably) sane during these past weeks. Dr Google nearly drove me to despair but McMillan was a lifeline. 

• I have my fingers crossed for you. Getting the vaccine is one thing to tick off the list.  Stay strong. 

• I am so sorry that your TURBT cannot be carried out and that you do not have to wait too long to have it done x 

Inanna

I know that I don't know
  • I missed out the word 'privately ' duh

I know that I don't know
  • Hi I also had a cystoscopy on Dec 14th and looks like a cancerous tumour was found....i was told I would need a TURBT and I had a CT scan on January 2nd .... terrible time waiting I am trying so hard not to let it take over my life but i just wish i could go into hospital to get the Turbt done ...hope all will be ok with you xx

• Hi Hou, I really understand how stressful the waiting is, particularly when you first suspect you may have cancer.  However as Rily says in general some delay doesn't seem to make a huge difference. Even without a pandemic NHS expects approx 30 days between cystoscopy and TURBT. I hope things will proceed soon for you. Sending love x

• Thank you Blush my username was supposed to be housewife but it seems to be cut short Pensive Joy I've been reading up on bladder cancer and didn't realise how many women have it .. my elderly mother came to live with me and I bought some urine test strips so I could monitor her utis ...I felt a weird sensation a few times so tested my urine and found blood showing in it thanks for your reassuring post x

• Hi Hou.  The waiting really is awful isn’t it, made worse by being in lockdown which gives you all the time in the world to ‘ponder’ far too much!! I’ve gone from despair, panic and disbelief to being a bit angry now that things aren’t happening as quickly as I’d like Smirk But it is what it is I guess.  Keep in touch, looks like we’re in a very similar situation xx