Advice

• 5 replies
  • 56 subscribers

Yesterday I finished my second week of treatment Chemoradiotherapy so 4 and a half weeks to go. I'm glad it's the weekend as I'm exhausted. The side effects are definitely kicking in now and one of the most uncomfortable is sore mouth especially my bottom lip. I have been given; gelclair oral rinse gel and a manuka honey lip balm but as of 3 days it's not helping and my lip is very sore and if it gets any worse it's going to be difficult to eat. Has anyone experienced this and do you know of anything else I can use or do. I was told not to use other mouth washes including corsadyl. Xx

• Hi ,

Fortunately for me I didn’t get a sore mouth during treatment, I had a couple of mouth ulcers pop up in week one but they didn’t hang around, they were gone as quick as they appeared, so I don’t have any magic solution to your problem. My advice would be to continue with the meds given but maybe call your team/hospital & tell them you’re not getting much relief, they may be able to offer an alternative. I hope you get some relief soon. 

Nicola

• Hi sorry to hear this. I didn't experience any issues like that during treatment. If you do find it hard to eat ask your colo-rectal nurse if you could have some liquid food supplements as it's important to keep your nutritional intake up. Bev 

• I'll be seeing her on Monday. Fingers crossed it may ease a little by then x

• Thank you. I certainly don't need any of those lip fillers.. I have a permanent pout. X

• Silver linings spring to mind  lol… seriously though let us know how you get on with the nurse on Monday. 

Nicola