New lump?

• 5 replies
  • 40 subscribers

Greetings all.  I'm 2 weeks post treatment and doing fairly well.  Today, while applying the creams, I felt a soft lump that wasn't there previously.  Did anyone else have this experience?  I have too much time to think the worst now that I am not driving to treatment 5 days a week.  Thanks.

• Hi Amyjack, 

I'm 2 weeks post treatment too. I have a lump on my perineum and another near my back passage. I noticed  about a few days after finishing treatment and asked my nurse while I was also listing other post treatment concerns and she said that it's normal. However we're all different and if it's causing you concern I'd give your hospital contact (nurse?)a call and tell them your worried. They're only too happy to help and it can take seconds to put an end to hours and days of worry. Xxx

• Hi 

has given you some reassurance there but as already said if it’s concerning you it’s best to get checked out by either your  nurse or oncologist, I’m sure they will soon be able to put your mind at rest. All kinds of things are going on in those first couple of weeks after your last treatment session but rather than sitting worrying about something that’s hopefully no cause for concern a quick check-up will be worth it. 

Nicola 

• Thanks ladies.  I'm so paranoid about any changes in my body after this experience.  I will check with the nurse on Monday.

• Hi again 

This disease makes us lose all trust in our bodies & I’m not sure that’s something I’ll ever 100% regain! Let us know how you get on. 

Nicola

• Hi Nikky, I agree. I feel like my body "betrayed" me. I'm still mad about that! Be well, Lynn