Anal cancer - tumour means friend cannot sit down - cushion recommendations?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hi

My friend has anal cancer - a large tumour is preventing her from sitting down, she can only lie on her side. The drs have advised they will not be removing it. 

Can anyone recommend a cushion to enable her to sit please?

i have read through a lot of discussions where people have advised to not have a donut/ring cushion.

Presume some sort of cut out cushion would help? 

Thanks 

• Hi, I had a cushion that the local district nursing team supplied. It may be worth asking for a referral to them. My fried also bought his own cushion, it looked like a very small inflatable air bed as he couldn't sit down at all. Is your friend to have chemo and radiotherapy? They are very effective treatments for this sort of cancer. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to 1in1500

Hi thank you, her husband is the only one allowed to visit her but he has been asking for one and no luck. I’ll see if he can get a referral. 

I’ll have another look at cushions today in case, I think she will need one with a section cut out. I’ll look for ones that look like an air bed type.

Unfortunately she is too weak for any treatment.

• Hi , 

I’m sorry to hear your friend is going through such an awful time. I had surgery & chemoradiotherapy to treat my anal cancer & at times it was very difficult to sit, I used a donut cushion although not for any length of time just for very short periods. There’s other cushions out there I think that a few people on here have used with some success. What are the arguments against using the donut cushions? 

Nicola