Results

• 3 replies
  • 39 subscribers

I finished treatment 24 April had 6 weeks check was told everything looked positive. Today had results of PET scan apparently everything has shrunk but cancer is still there. Have to wait 3 months to see if it shrinks more another PET scan has anyone else had this and was the outcome positive ? I’m so down now and very unsure of what will happen. 

• Hi, although this  didn’t personally happen to me I know it has to others in the group. The radiotherapy continues working long after it ends and will continue to shrink your tumour. It’s by no means uncommon for the tumour to not have completely gone at the time of the first check up. Hopefully others will be along soon to share their experiences. X

• So sorry to hear this and that  you have to wait for another 3 months.  Did they give you any idea of what the next step would be after the PET Scan.   Sending you lots of positive thoughts xx

• Hi ,

I'm sorry that you didn’t receive the initial results that you wanted but as  has said the radiotherapy does continue doing its thing for some months after your last session so there’s time yet. Hopefully someone that has been through this will connect with you soon to share their experience. If you find yourself struggling over the next 3 months & think you would feel better speaking to someone you can always give the Macmillan helpline a ring. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way & remember we’re always here for you. 

Nicola